Manufacturing of electronic modules, subassemblies and components
In order to fulfill the high demands of our customers, it is paramount for ASP to keep all processes that are necessary for the manufacturing of power supplies inhouse. The combination of manufacturing in compliance with the high standards of the aviation and space industry and our expertly trained long-time employees enables ASP to work on a very high level of expertise. Three fields of production form the heart of ASP: PCB Assembly, Potting and Manufacturing of Magnetics. Within each of these fields, we closely stick to our philosophy by complementing our production workflow with a thorough final quality inspection.
- Manual soldering of wired components
- Semi-automatic placement of SMD components
- Vapour phase soldering of SMD components (ESA certified process)
- Cleaning of parts and subassemblies
- Conformal Coating
- Mechanical and electrical integration
PCB Assembly certified according to:
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-08C : Manual Soldering of High-Reliability Electrical Connections
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-38C : High Reliability Soldering of SMD components (manual and vapour phase)
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-28C : Repair and Modification of PCB Assemblies for space use
- ECSS-Q-ST-70-26/30C: Crimp process
Our PCB assembly is effected by qualified and certified employees working in a clean room ISO class 8 atmosphere.
In space and on the ground – for low as well as high voltage designs ranging from approximately 500V to 40kV, the use of potting is paramount to provide safe insulation between two different potentials. ASP uses a hard potting – ASP Epoxy – based on various resins and quartz flour as filler to improve heat transfer and achieve low thermal expansion coefficients.
In order to produce guaranteed air-bubble free material meeting the highest quality standards and standing the test, ASP applies a special production process. It is a matter of course at ASP, that our expertly trained staff is supporting our high-quality standards in potting. The ASP potting process is certified by ESA.
The ASP Epoxy potting material can be used for the following applications:
- encapsulation of high-voltage modules
- raw material for high-voltage transformer cores
- thermal interface for inductors
ASP applies a special process for potting under vacuum conditions and curing under pressure. Also other potting processes and materials are available at ASP according to your individual needs.
ASP magnetics are applied in power electronics in the power range of 1W to 20kW. Our magnetics are exclusively tailored to customer specific requirements. Our high level of competence in power electronics enables our skilled engineers to provide design features for challenging product demands. We keep quality standards high, therefore magnetics are manufactured and tested according to MIL Standards if required.
We manufacture customised magnetics for the following applications:
- Magnetics for low- and high voltage applications up to 40kV
- ASP is currently producing about 4000 pieces per year for space applications
- Lot sizes vary per type
We provide total flexibility with respect to design, test, qualification requirements and the number of required pieces. High voltage components are potted with ASP Epoxy.
For standard applications, a variety of standard cores in different materials, shapes and sizes can be selected.
Available core material:
- Molypermalloy Powder
- Hi Flux
Customer specific high voltage cores can be manufactured in-house
Available core geometry:
- RM cores
- Inspection of soldering according to ECSS standard
- Inspection of PCB test coupons according to ECSS standard
- Inspection of crimp samples according to ECSS standard
- Microsection laboratory