Quality is key
In space industry, but also with aviation and high-end commercial applications, the supervision of quality standards through quality and product assurance is essential. We at ASP are committed to the highest quality standards. An in-depth quality and product assurance therefore is an integral part of our production chain. Furthermore, all of our products are manufactured in-house, thus bearing the label "Made in Germany".
Quality and product assurance at ASP comprise the following aspects:
- PA requirements
- Procurement support
- Analysis (e.g. WCA with PSpice models, PSA, FMECA, reliability)
- Process management and control (e.g. soldering)
- Configuration control
- Manufacturing surveillance (e.g. assembly, magnetics, potting of high-voltage applications)
- Testing surveillance (e.g. bonding & isolation, physical properties, thermal vacuum, vibration, EMC)
- Inspection (incoming-, outgoing, MIP, KIP)
- Non-conformance management
- Calibration surveillance
- Internal and external audits
Yet quality standards are not only defined by regulations, keeping them high also depends on committed employees. Highly experienced electronic engineers and technicians are involved in the tasks that are relevant for quality and product assurance. Our roots lie in space which is our main business area. For this reason, the regulations/specifications of the European Space Agency (ESA) significantly define the quality standards of ASP.
Nevertheless, we have established and applied our own Quality Management System (QMS) for the development, analysis, manufacturing and testing of customised and standardised power electronics, e.g. special high-voltage potting for applications in aerospace, defence and in other fields of the high-tech industry. The ASP Quality Management System is certified according to EN 9100.
The highly specialised ASP team of electronic assembly operators and inspectors ensures a smooth and standardised production chain.
Our manufacturing staff is ESA certified according to the following standards:
- Hand soldering and inspection, ECSS-Q-ST-70-08C
- Crimping, ECSS-Q-ST-70-26C
- Repair and modification, ECSS-Q-ST-70-28C
- Wire wrapping, ECSS-Q-ST-70-30C
- SMD soldering by hand, ECSS-Q-ST-70-38C
ASP's SMD assembly line is ESA verified according to ECSS-Q-ST-70-38C.
The PCB flight module Manufacturing, Assembly, Integration and Test (MAIT) activities (including commissioning) are carried out in a clean room class 100,000, ISO class 8 (ESD, temperature, humidity and particle controlled).
During an ASP in-house qualification campaign, different types of core material were successfully tested according to the following MIL Standards:
- MIL-STD-1580B, par. 126.96.36.199 External Visual Inspection
- MIL-STD-1580B, par. 188.8.131.52 Cross Sectioning
- MIL-STD-981B, App. C Radiographic Inspection
- MIL-STD-202, Meth 301 Voltage-Check of Dielectric Medium
- MIL-STD-202, Meth 302 Isolation Test
- MIL-STD-202, Meth 108 Life Test
ASP's magnetics feature flight heritage in major space missions worldwide.
With ASP Epoxy, we produce our own potting material (ESA certified process) to encapsulate high voltage as well as special low voltage electronics.
Certification_EN9100.pdf 303 KB