With the Spica-Virtus PPU product line, we pursue the goal of achieving our customers’ competitiveness without compromise.
To achieve this, we have broken new ground: with our 20 years of experience in the development, manufacturing, qualification and testing of orbital power supplies and our expertise in the application of novel technologies, the following factors contribute to the success of the Spica – Virtus PPU:
- A full digital implementation enables selection of different operation modes (orbit raising, station keeping), form factor optimization as well as automated adjustment and serial testing capabilities.
- GaN components guarantee the highest possible efficiency and a very favorable form factor.
- The One PCB concept facilitates economical series production
- The SPICA PPU is suitable for HEMPT, HET and RIT thrusters – others on request.
- Standardized functional blocks and a customer specific FPGA code enable maximum flexibility with respect to the Thruster type
- Control capability of the Flow Control Unit is standard for the Spica-Virtus PPU.
- The automated test and verification concept guarantee highest quality and function of each delivered PPU.
SPICA – The first fully digital PPU for series production
You want to stay informed?
Enter your email address and be the first to hear exciting news about our new ASP SPICA-PPU product line.
The Spica-Virtus PPU is optimized for constellation programs and currently available in power ratings up to 1kW. The following configurations have been developed and more will be added as needed.
|Spica-Virtus (HEMPT)||Spica-Virtus (HET)||Spica-Virtus (RIT)|
|Feasible for Constellations||X||X||X|
|Positive High Voltage||X|
|Negative High Voltage||X|
|Radio Frequency Generator||X|
|Neutralizer Heater / Keeper||X||X||X|
|Controller incl. Aux Supply||X||X||X|