With the Centralised Power Supply Unit (CPSU) for the second generation Galileo satellites, ASP is making a significant contribution to the European satellite navigation system. Galileo is more precise than any other navigation constellation and thus fulfills requirements for strategic tasks. Currently, the CPSU is in the development phase. Delivery of the first flight unit is planned for 2023.
A number of 13 individual PCB modules provide conditioning and distribution of electrical energy to the Galileo payload. This modular design has a decisive advantage: With screw connections into the baseplate and neighboring modules, an optimal mechanical strength of the CPSU is achieved, which is also designed to be single-fault tolerant in its electrical function. This means that an electrical malfunction in the CPSU will not propagate to the payload.
- Input Voltage: 100V
- Auxiliary Power Module (PAV, NAV)
- 5 power distribution modules
- Controller Module
- Control of all CPSU power supplies and switches
- Acquisition of internal housekeeping
- Acquisition of external temperature signals
- TM/TC interface to the platform